Old Stuff around the House That Could be Worth Big Bucks
Many people know by now that old depression glass is highly valued, and that some of those old ‘character’ lunch boxes kids carried to school in the ‘70s could be worth as much as $1,000 today. But some of the stuff cluttering up your space doesn’t need to be nearly that old to potentially be worth big bucks.
It may be worth checking out your attic, basement or garage in search of some of the vintage items wanted today by antiquarians and collectors:
- Typewriters - Because they are now a thing of the past, old typewriters are a curiosity valued at between $200 and $600, depending on brand and condition.
- Vinyl Records - For some enthusiasts, vinyl is back, so your old records are worth somewhere between fifty cents and up to $1,000 or more for coveted first pressings.
- Classic Video Games - The value of original Pong games has quadrupled to $2,000 or more, collectors say, with other titles valued from $600 to well over $1,000.
- Boy Scout Memorabilia - Old items with the official Boy Scouts of America, Cub, Sea, and Air Scouts markings can be worth a sizable chunk of change - ranging from $8 to $1,178., according to Collector’s Weekly. Old badge collections appraised to sell could be worth even more.
- Air Jordans - If the ones you saved up for seemingly forever by mowing lawns or babysitting are still taking up space in your closet, you may be jazzed to know that early Air Jordan sneakers can sell for hundreds if not thousands of dollars, depending on which model and the condition.
- Polly Pockets - Remember the’90s Polly Pockets toy craze? The trinkets are hot on Internet bidding sites, and some, especially the pre-Mattel items, are fetching prices close to $500 on eBay.
- VHS Tapes - In the Netflix era, some VHS tapes are considered treasures. Disney’s Beauty and the Beast is almost a guaranteed money maker. The Diamond edition from 1991 sold on eBay for $1,000 not long ago, and obscure horror films and complete sets of popular series like Star Trek are also highly valued.
Reprinted with permission from RISMedia. ©2020. All rights reserved.